Logo

Bosch points

gryg1

Regular Contributor
went to the auto store and ask

went to the auto store and asked for a set of points for my AQ145A and they looked at the book and said they only had 1 set of points for volvo 4 cyl.they gave me a set with the number GB 752.wondering if anyone knows if this cross referance with the one I should put in my AQ145A.it looks like the same.Any help please.

Doed anybody have any info on

Doed anybody have any info on this post in regards to the GB752 Bosch points}}.(Not where I can get a pertronix ignition kit)
thanks

"Didn't you get the messag

"Didn't you get the message by now? To me, it's pretty obvious.
biggrin.gif
"

"Stan - Like you I have AQ145A

"Stan - Like you I have AQ145A x 2

I found this on the Internet - it might be of some help [email protected]. The web site says he rebuilds bosch distributors and also has spares.

Regards

Nick"

"I Got the message in regards

"I Got the message in regards to the surgestion to change to electronic ignition.But was still wondering if anyone had any Bosch experience that could confirm that this was the correct point for my AQ145A.There are a few people still out there that have the same setup and was looking for feedback.ANYHOW I fitted these points and adjusted them spot on.What a differance it made.My motor started after 3 cranks of the starter,my surging at idle has disappeared,My warm up period has gone from reving it up to 3000rpm for 5 minuted down to 30-40 seconds,and when I drop it back to idle it idels at 700rpm ,smooth as a new motor.
Thanks for the assistance."

"I think what El is trying to

"I think what El is trying to do is ease your burden. Why deal with points at all especially if you can't even find them? If price is a factor then check out this hot-spark system:

http://www.hot-spark.com

I put these on an old AQ140 I had and it never ran better smoother or started easier. Why not have a better running motor and not even have to change out points again? It's a no brainer."

Back