Logo

BF75 2011 Fuel Inj Fault Code

Dipster1

Hello friends,

Ive just completed a rebuild on this 2011 engine after its previous owner seized it due to water injestion in the fuel system.

I have it fitted to an engine stand and am runnning it on a portable tank.

It starts fine but after a few minute at idle it will bring on the Check Engine caution with a repeating warning alarm.
Ive followed the troubleshooting and checked the MIL codes by shorting the red plug pins (yes I cleared all codes prior to this).The code is 1 which is the NO2S (Oxygen sensor).

I shot from the hip and replaced the sensor and checked wiring continuity-still the same. They are very expensive so that was dissappointing :(

I then got serious and followed the Fault Finding guide.
-I ran it at 3000RPM for 5 mins- No alarm but it runs noticeably rough
-Lowered to 1000RPM, but alarm came on after 5 secs
-It then says to check the fuel pressure, but I dont have a guage to do this, if I have to I will try find one
-Next -checked the HP filter (which is new)-clean
-It then says to remove one end of the fuel pressure regulator tube where it attaches to the top of the fuel pump housing, then turn on the key and measure how much fuel comes out. 20cc is what is expected, but I get absolutely nothing, even though I can hear the pump running.

I now have a new one on order. Hopefully this will fix it, but if it doesnt, I would appreciate some advice, or whether Im on the right track.

Other things to note:
-Ive replaced LP and HP fuel pumps
-Vapour separator has been overhauled
-4 X New Injectors
-Valve clearances are good

Thanks for any tips

Dip

Are you ordering a new fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump?

If you remove the bolt (where you measure fuel pressure) and fuel shoots out when you turn the key to on, then it could be the regulator or a pinched or clogged hose.

Mike

Thanks for the reply mike.
Ive ordered a new pressure regulator. The fuel pump was changed as part of the rebuild.

When i pulled the pressure regulator off, I checked that the hoses were clear and not kinked.
The tube fittings on the regulator had a large amount of corrosion on them and all ports on it seemed blocked, so Im confident that this is the faulty item.
I just got lazy on the rebuild and decided not to change this one item, serves me right.

Would a blocked regulator make it run rough at higher RPM? It is possibly being starved of fuel?

If the port for the return line was blocked, then the fuel pressure would be very high. I do not know what other blocked ports would do.

Mike

Back