Logo

Bf50a carb parts I’d help

Eyeyiyi

Second time I’ve rebuilt these cabs in 5 yrs all my fault. What I’m trying to find out is the right parts to get. I have a 2007 Bf50a LRTA I need new needle jets and new idle screws and an exhaust gasket that specifies ordering parts to certain carb #’s. Is this right as I would like to get these parts before I get boat here and not wait. Also how will I know which carbs I have.

If your vin number stamped in the sticker/label on the mount frame matches the one at the top of the page in the link, then your carbs are on this page. Items 15, 16 and 17.

You then have to match them to the serial number on the sticker/label found on the engine block.

As far as an exhaust gasket, item 4 in the link below is the only one I could find.

Unless you meant air intake MUFFLER gasket, in which case is item 16 in the link below.

Hope this helps you. If not, my apologies.

Good luck.

If your vin number stamped in the sticker/label on the mount frame matches the one at the top of the page in the link, then your carbs are on this page. Items 15, 16 and 17.

You then have to match them to the serial number on the sticker/label found on the engine block.

As far as an exhaust gasket, item 4 in the link below is the only one I could find.

Unless you meant air intake MUFFLER gasket, in which case is item 16 in the link below.

Hope this helps you. If not, my apologies.

Good luck.

Ty but still confused let’s start with the needle jet#21 it gives me 2 choices referencing engine s#.it says use bg31c d or bg31c e. My number on the frame is bazs 3703750 but the parts that references other numbers. Ok I think I got it went back and looked closer at what you sent one of the links states item# 2 carb is bg31c e if that’s correct. I had a head scratcher wasn’t sure where to find that number ty

Yes, very confusing at times. Probably more for me than most.

Honda mixes up terms and "serial number" can have more than one meaning. I believe it's a language translation thing.

The "engine serial number" isn't the same thing or located in the same place as the "frame serial number".

That's why I apologized up front in case I was getting it wrong.

Based on what you say, I trust that you found what you were looking for though? I hope so anyway because we've reached the extent of any "insight" I might (or might not) have.

Good luck with your repair.

Yes, very confusing at times. Probably more for me than most.

Honda mixes up terms and "serial number" can have more than one meaning. I believe it's a language translation thing.

The "engine serial number" isn't the same thing or located in the same place as the "frame serial number".

That's why I apologized up front in case I was getting it wrong.

Based on what you say, I trust that you found what you were looking for though? I hope so anyway because we've reached the extent of any "insight" I might (or might not) have.

Good luck with your repair.
Ty for the help I just needed to look in the right place. This is second time cleaning them 1st time did real good got up to 5500 rpm, this time hard starting poor throttle response and only gets to 4700 rpm.I haven’t removed the mixture screws and will do so now after reading how to. needle jets are going to be replaced they were pitted after I cleaned them.fairly easy job for this 70 yr old man took me 5 hrs to take off clean and reinstall I’ll take a little longer this time being more meticulous.and I’ll never use ethanol fuel again and always use stabil.should be a warning label on all motors and ty again👍

Back