Logo

BF225 HO2 Sensor Failure Error

dolanp

Hi all,
I have a 2007 BF225 which at idle, starts beeping after 2 minutes or so.
Dr H software indicates a HO2 Sensor failure.
I changed the sensor with a new one without success.
All cables have been checked throughly.
Engine runs perfect otherwise.
Any ideas

Assuming that your MIL (check engine) light is coming on when you get the alarm, you need to pull codes. The first document tells how to do it properly. The second document tells you what the codes mean. Best procedure is to read codes, write them down, then clear codes. Then run engine until it alarms. Then read the new codes. Let us know what you get.

Attachments

• Procedure for Getting Fault Codes.pdf
    189.6 KB · Views: 7
  • MIL Fault Codes Scanned.pdf
    85.1 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Chawk_man,
Surely the Dr H software displays the error without having to short the diagnostic connector to get the codes.
Maybe I am wrong?
I have tried to clear the codes via the software to no avail
Thanks

That's not telling you whether it's the sensor or the heating element that has failed. The shunting method will identify if it's the heating element (Code 41) or the sensor itself (Code 1). Closely check the HO2 sensor plug and the wires going into it. The two white wires are the sensor element, The other 2 are the heater element. Then check your 26-pin connector to the ECU. Specifically, check pin 22 which has a white/black stripe wire going into it. That's the power source for the HO2 sensor. Make sure the pin is not recessed or corroded. If you can back-probe it, it should read 12 volts when the ignition is on. All of this is gleaned from the shop manual.

If nothing there, it's possible that the replacement HO2 sensor was bad to start with.

99% failed sensor, it's a **** system and adds lots of dollars to running costs.That's why Honda took it off their new engines.

Aftermarket ones don't work. I tried two and fortunately got a refund. If you have the new type, there is a new P/N that was around 50USD and they work fine.

Here is what I stored from previous posts:

Try this thread:

https://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/threads/oxygen-sensor-experience.463781/

Boats.net now has a Honda sensor that is cheaper than the Walker. I believe it's the same sensor, just a different stock number. I have been using the new stock number one for about 12 months now.

35655-zy3-c01 original number (about $355)

06356-zy3-307 new number (about ($60)

Also, Walker HO2 sensors seem to have proven themselves.

Walker 932-24008 (14mm base)

Just be sure you get a replacement with the same base size.

Unfortunately, if I buy from boats.net, by the time I've paid shipping, import duty and tax I may as well get the Walker sensor which would arrive much, much quicker!

Back