Logo

BF200 manifold anode

m smith

Contributing Member
I am finding that the mechnic I paid to perform yearly services on my motor has been cutting corners and not necessarily replacing parts. I have found missing bolts, mis-matched spark plugs and parts like thermostats that look original, or at least several seasons old. I am taking over maintenance on this motor so that if it does screw up, its on me. I have the Honda service manual on order, but in the meantime I would like to get the parts ordered to change the manifold anodes. I looked up the schematic and have the following:

4 anodes
4 bolts
2 manifold o rings (located at the bottom of the manifold)

What other parts do I need to perform this service?

Thanks for the help.
FWIW Ive already pulled the lower unit. It is a 20" shaft motor and has no mid shaft bearing. There is little corrosion under the cowl so from that stand point its in good shape. Only 400 hours on motor. Unfortunately I dont get to use it enough.

You will need to replace the exhaust cover gasket. Many have re-used the exhaust guide seal with success, but wouldnt hurt to replace that if you need to order the parts anyway.

I think the exhaust guide seal is the one part I missed. The part schematic only lists the o ring. I have the Honda shop manual ordered. Hopefully it shows today so I can get the part ordered correctly.

Back