Logo

Bf115 mystery tube

eltravisto

Hello all - and thanks for all the helpful posts in here.

Had to open up the 115 to get into a 200 hour service. All went well (valve lash was a PITA), reassembling the cowls I realized i have a "mystery tube" coming off the vapor separator (or very close by).

I cant trace it back to any closed system, and the part diagrams are no help, if I'm reading it right its a "bulk fuel line" but that would be a misnomer... to me it looks more like a vent tube. Any pro's familiar with this part? God I hope its a vent tube...

My photo is taken looking at port side of motor, right below the water separator and low pressure fuel filter.

chawk_man - especially thank you for your posts. I did my 200 hour with your advice as the baseline.

3.jpg4.jpg

Thanks dudes.

Is that not the tube that you extend when you drain the VST?

C hawk man will weigh in....

Hello all - and thanks for all the helpful posts in here.

Had to open up the 115 to get into a 200 hour service. All went well (valve lash was a PITA), reassembling the cowls I realized i have a "mystery tube" coming off the vapor separator (or very close by).

I cant trace it back to any closed system, and the part diagrams are no help, if I'm reading it right its a "bulk fuel line" but that would be a misnomer... to me it looks more like a vent tube. Any pro's familiar with this part? God I hope its a vent tube...

My photo is taken looking at port side of motor, right below the water separator and low pressure fuel filter.

chawk_man - especially thank you for your posts. I did my 200 hour with your advice as the baseline.

View attachment 20847View attachment 20848

Thanks dudes.

Thank you iang and Deux. I zip tied it off in a loop thinking it was an air gap or vent of some kind. I'll lay it down low in the front of the pan.

Back