Logo

Belts

I found the part numbers of the belts I need. What I am looking for is the size, I cant find any spec’s on the inch of these belts and the local Crusader parts store will not give me the size. I am in the HVAC industry and I want to use a Gates B belt, it’s one of the best belts in the world but I need to find out the size with out pulling the old ones off if possible. Is there a website or does anyone know the size of these two belts?
The other thing is I can get my belts for half the price then OEM belt.
CRU-96307
CRU-97178

Ya I know I’m being cheap:rolleyes:

If you are going to replace them anyway, why not finish the season and then take them off and measure them? You might try the tech service on the web from Crusader and see if they will give you the size.

SBC belts - no recent hands on here. The remove and measure approach is the normal method...any good auto parts store will have the measuring tool.

The BBC uses 17/32" wide belts on the raw water pump; the alt belt is 15/32" wide.

Just make sure your replacement belts have the correct V angle and retension them after that initial run.

The belts' cost is not significant so if the Gates B belt is even double the price but still has extreme quality, that seems like it is a good thing. My question is "What makes the Gates B belt so spectacular? " Some of my raw water pump belts still say THERMO ELECTRON on them...I have a big supply

Last edited:
Back