Logo

Belching/Burping?

jimmmy

I'm changing oil in my 400 Stringer for the first time. I'm wondering if you guys might have any extra info. I think I read somewhere on this site about belching or burping the lower unit. It does not say anything like that in the manual. I have filled it from the lower hole with a pump and stopped when it started coming out the upper. Anything else I need to know?

As far as the inter. housing. The manual says to drain and fill from the same hole (upper port side), which does not seem right. It looks like there is a lower drain plug(lower starboard) Should I be draining and filling from the lower and use the upper as oil level, same as changing lower unit?

drain stringer

I read the link i messed up in the amount the top takes 26 upper i think and 18 lower i think when it comes out the top hole let it burp, i put a rag over the top hole for 15-20 minutes and let the air out, same with all the drives i allow the top plug to stay open for a while.

Last edited:
My brother in law ? Dog ? What ?

Ever been in a pickup with a 100+ pound lab with the windows up in the middle of the winter and the dog cuts a g-d awful fart ?

Back