Logo

Beep beep oil warning 150 hp 1997 offshore

tgmcree

I bought this boat as is hooke

I bought this boat as is hooked up gas tank with straight 50/1 mix ran engine with oil pump hose in glass jar i had no oil from coming from oil pump the motor has a noise in port upper cylinder it is a popping or snapping noise it is it power head time or can it be repaired?

that popping noise could be a

that popping noise could be a lean pop also

are u saying u r running pre-mix? or the motor is doing the mixing?

IHOOKED UP A REMOTE TANK OF PR

IHOOKED UP A REMOTE TANK OF PREMIX 50/1 RATIO BEFORE I EVER STARTED THE ENGINE I HAD REMOVED THE OIL LINE COMING OUT OF THE OIL PUMP CYCLED THE LEVER TO MAX OIL SUPPLY AND AFTER IT STARTED NOT ONE DROP OF OIL CAME OUT OF THE PUMP I SUSPECT THE OIL PUMP DRIVE GEAR HAS STRIPPED BUT THE ENGINE HAD THE NOISE AS DESCRIBED A POPPING OR SNAPPING IN THE TOP PORT CYLINDER I SUSPECT A GALLED PISTON WHAT DO YOU THINK/

"OK i got u
so u think the oi

"OK i got u
so u think the oil pump went bad, causing a non-lubrication problem

well pull the head and look"

"[b]1987 Mercury outboard 175

"1987 Mercury outboard 175
Every time I try to plane the boat or the my tach hits the 3 on my dial that buzzer goes off.
I have changed the oil pump, sensor, alarm box, oil line from the resevior ( which had an air pocket), and filled that resevior. I can idle for days with no problem, but the minute I put a load on that throttle , off goes the buzzer. my mechanic wants to yank off the buzzer but I feel that bone heads like me need that buzzer and pulling the buzzer will not fix the real problem. Any help would help me to sleep and fish again. mike"

Back