Logo

Battery Wing nut tool

kghost

Silver Medal Contributor
Well I finally got tired of using odd wrenches, pliers and what ever was handy to tighten and loosen those dam wing nuts on my batteries.

I made a tool......

opinions?

See attached.

Last edited:
Yes I know I could but after working in the industry for so long I have a lot of wing nuts from battery changes, A whole plastic 4x4x10 bin full of them....

Just me I guess I like the wing nuts........

What about all the other people who have batteries with wing nuts.............I am not putting SS or anything else on there batteries unless they give it to me to install........

Good idea, I may make another but make it very short vs the length I made it.......and make the Tee smaller.........

The one in the pic has a 3/8-16 threaded rod between the two ends. I taped it so it would not short out anything if dropped.

I tried it out at lunch and it works very well!!

What about all the other people who have batteries with wing nuts............. I am not putting SS or anything else on there batteries unless they give it to me to install........
Kghost.... here, this will get you started!
Free-Shipping-Wholesale-100PCS-M6-Stainless-Steel-304-Standard-DIN934-Hex-Nut.jpg

and if you don't have these, you can borrow mine for the rest of the month.
311r.jpg

Oh come on..... I'm just fun'n with ya! :D :D

they are on most new marine batteries now.. about time!

Yes!

Old school here...........and the last thing I need is some cheap knock off wrenches..............Snap on or nothing at all..........haha
Actually have many craftsman hand wrenches but mostly snap on wratchet wrenches and air wrenches....

I have wing nuts, many I know use wing nuts..............

Back