Logo

b93 yamaha with leaks

joe

Regular Contributor
" i pulled my boat today and i

" i pulled my boat today and i changed the gear oil and it has a water leak..the oil had water spots in it and was a whiteish color..anyways, is it had to get off the lower unit to replace the seals? when i go to school tomorrow im going to see if i can borrow a pressure and vaccum tester..can anyone tell me the pressure they are supposed to be at? thanks

motor- 1993 Yamaha C-25 25 hp. "

" Joe,

The problem could be

" Joe,

The problem could be either the driveshaft, shift rod, or prop shaft seals. Usually the prop shaft seal is the first one to go bad. You can replace this without removing the lower unit.

Tony "

how would i go about taking t

how would i go about taking the prop shaft seal off?

" Joe,

You have to take the

" Joe,

You have to take the bearing carrier off. The prop shaft seals are pressed into it.

You will need a tool to remove and replace the ring nut that tightens against the bearing carrier. I would advise you to obtain a service manual before attempting to do this, so that you can see how all the parts fit together. You can buy a manual right here. Go to the home page and look for service manuals.

Tony "

" thanks for the reply, went a

" thanks for the reply, went and bought a clymers i think it is, and i looked it up..dosnet look too hard to do..now if the rain would stop so i could get the thing apart "

" i looked on my powerhead tod

" i looked on my powerhead today, and i saw the drive shaft connect..i think, and i am just wanting to make sure where it is..my motor is a tiller, and it looks like i just take out the 4 lower unit bolts and a cotter pin on the powerhead an my unit should slide off? thanks

this is still on the 25 yamaha "

Back