Logo

b89 85 hp for parts

bowhuntrrl

Contributing Member
"I just bought this motor and

"I just bought this motor and have decided to sell it for parts. Is there any market for it ??? It looks to be in good shape except for the fact that some moron ran it after the water pump failed. I'm just not up to an overhaul for it. What's something like that worth ?? http://www.hunt101.com/img/513017.JPG"

"These were relatively popular

"These were relatively popular motors and there is quite a few out there (and lot's of guys looking to keep them running with either no OEM source for parts or one that is dwindling quickly).

You tend to get a little more if you really strip it down. ie, a complete lower unit may get 300 bucks, up to 50 bucks each for carbs, flywheels, rope start assemblies (if equipped) and a working ingnition system can pull in a really good buck.

Post some items on Ebay and let "the market" set the price - you may get a nice surprise..."

"Definately worth stripping li

"Definately worth stripping like Graham says lower unit, carbs, flywheel, crankshaft if still good after overheat, even the connecting rods, those are like gold, can't get aftermarket rods. Be sure to post a note here if you list it, I know a few other forums that people are always asking about parts."

"I would like to sell it whole

"I would like to sell it whole just to move it fast. I'm not interested in getting a ton of money for it or selling on Ebay, just want to recoup my cost. I just put it on Craig's List. I have other things to do more important right now, but thanks for the advice."

Are the control cables and par

Are the control cables and parts there? I need to see how they are rigged if you could help by taking a picture of them inside the engine cover.

Back