Logo

AQ290 Decals

Indy1K

Contributing Member
As I am rebuilding my two 1986 AQ290 outdrives, I am wanting to replace the original sliver decals on the sides of the transmission and on the front Shift Protector cover.
First, does anyone know where to get them?

Second, I have a friend that can reproduce the original vinyl decals same as the originals. If anyone has pictures of the original side and front cover graphics for the AQ290, I would greatly appreciate it. These were the charcoal silver with the white 290 on them. Also, If someone needs them I can get sets made.

We can do this for any of the graphics as long as the picture id a true representation of the decal in color size and high quality.

Thanks,

Kevin

The first generation 290 (anchorage bracket and the pre- "A" transmission) would have looked like this.
(note the flat top cover that extends beyond the shift mechanism cover.)

166287702_VOLVOPENTA290.jpg

The later 290 s/p and DP drives with the "A" transmission will look like this.
(note the "bump" on the Integral Aluminum bearing box/clamping collar)
This one is still using the flat top cover.

290_Complete.JPG

This one (also an "A" transmission) is using the "canted" top cover.
DP-AOutdrive002.jpg

The C and later drives (no achorage bracket or reverse latch) will have a decal similar to these.
(this is a "large bearing" transmssion)

s-l1000.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, in picture 1 of the first generation AQ290 out drive. See the Silver decals on the transmission and cover?
I am looking for those Decals. If not, then really good quality pictures with dimensions or camera ready artwork so I can have them made. If I am successful, then I can reproduce them and others for anyone that wants them.

I know what they look like but mine are so far gone that I couldnt use them for artwork.

Thanks for the help

Kevin

I would wrap some material around the transmission and rear cover that would resemble the decal's general location.
Take that, along with the picture….... and allow him to be creative!

Thats about what I will do for the side decals.
I have 3 front protective covers and none of them have Decals.
Does anyone out there have a good picture of the decal of the AQ290 on the shifter protective cover? thanks.
Kevin

Back