Logo

AQ231280 Slipping

sea_ya

"Last time boat was out, somet

"Last time boat was out, something started to slip as RPM got up to 2800 to 3000 range under hard throttle. Thinking that the hub in the prop was starting to destroy itself I stopped, anchored, and installed the spare prop, which was functioning fine when I removed it. The spare prop had no effect on the drive unit "slipping." By this time I didn't even think about hard acceleration, but eased it up on the throttle until it got to 2800-3200 RPM and again the engine revs up as if something is slipping. Where else in the outdrive could something be "slipping." I wasn't aware of any clutch in the outdrive. Help."

"could anyone give me some pea

"could anyone give me some peace of mind? i recently hit some rockes and bent the prop quite badly,is ther likely to be any other damage to the gear train? i continued to use the boat, other than some vibration which i put down to the bent prop blades,it all sounds ok.}"

"Hi Philip Martin.

It is c

"Hi Philip Martin.

It is customary to start a new thread when asking a question. You will likely get more and better answers that way and Gilbert Grable will not have to wade through your stuff to sort out responses to his problem
happy.gif

Cheers, Tom"

"I just sent you and email Phi

"I just sent you and email Philip. If you have any difficulty send me an email or post here.

Cheers, Tom"

Back