Logo

AQ225D280

signusx1

Contributing Member
"My 1979 5.0L Volvo is running

"My 1979 5.0L Volvo is running near perfect...however I am unable to reach WOT. At 4300 RPM's and below she run's great, try to throttle up any higher and she will bog down. I am thinking that it is fuel related...my four-barrels aren't kicking in?"

"Very tough to help via the ke

"Very tough to help via the key board here...... but would suggest full fuel delivery inspection..... starting from the fuel tank pick up tube screen, anti-siphon valve, filter(s) and so on including the little IN-Carburetor screen (if so equipped).
Next.... I can't emphasize enough on how important TAT is (total advance timing)
See your OEM manual for this spec so you can see what/where the ignition is at 3,200 rpm or so.

All of this may help assuming that this engine is good.
You may want to take some compression readings as well."

The top speed is not my bigges

The top speed is not my biggest concern...I want all the throttle in a hard cornering situation.

My wide open throttle with the prop I have (16x17) should be 5500 RPM?

I don't think you understo

I don't think you understood: your engine (the AQ225D/280) is NOT supposed to go over 4400 RPM at WOT.

"Brad, Ditto El P on this one.

"Brad, Ditto El P on this one.
Your recommended WOT is not 5,500 rpm.
See your OEM specs for this."

Loud and clear...perhaps my ta

Loud and clear...perhaps my tach isn't reading precisely. If it is then my throttle linkage will need to be adjusted and/or increased propeller pitch?

Back