Logo

AQ200 -AQ250 Female U-Joint Yoke Swap

tdrudd87

To those that remember my prior thread, I'm in the process of swapping a AQ250/AQ275 drive leg onto an old 1960's AQ120/200 powered boat.

My current engine has the very coarse PDS splines that engage in the female yoke of the u-joint assembly. The donor leg has the newer fine splines.
Mine
coarse end.jpg

My plan is to swap the fine yoke for coarse when I change the u-joint spider. However, my coarse yoke has some heavy pitting. My thought right now is to use a shaft seal "Speedi-Sleeve" to account for this and make sure the PDS seal isn't shredded by the rough surface.
coarse pits.jpg

Instead, does anyone have a source for a coarse spline female yoke in better condition? Here's a few pics of the one i'll be removing, if someone was willing to trade for the new style.
fine end.jpgfine side.jpg

Thanks all!
Terry

Terry, the yoke by itself is no longer available from Volvo Penta.
If you need just the course spline female yoke (for the internally clipped bearing cross caps), I have a good used one and and brand new one.

If this is the yoke that you will be replacing, it uses the internal bearing cap clips (as apposed to the external clips that the later style uses).
Etiher of my units will be a direct replacement for the part that you show.

View attachment 15461View attachment 15462

Last edited:
Back