Logo

aq145 pistons

MikeO

After removing the cylinder head on one of my aq145s to have #4 exhaust port welded I looked down with disappointment to find #1 and# 3 pistons crowns burned on the intake side. I managed to remove them without pulling the engine. I was thinking that the job wasn't so bad after all and was glad I discovered the problem. However, locating replacement pistons for this engine is very difficult. I'm wondering if anyone might know where I could find a set.

Thanks

If your engine is an AQ145a, the block is a B23 and the pistons for an 83-84 Volvo 244 car will work. You can get them in an automotive parts store or you can also try an auto wrecker. If two pistons are bad, you may consider replacing all four. Another thing you can do in obtaining a B23 or a B230 car engine and marinizing it by transplanting all the marine components from your current engine.

If you know of a good, knowledgable V/P dealer he will have a tool to repair your rear port with no welding as long as it has not gone to far. Did lot's of them in my younger days.

Back