Logo

AQ145 Carbs Convert from twin Solex to single carb

sea_esta

I would like to replace the tw

I would like to replace the twin Solex carbs on my AQ145 engines with a single carb. Is this a major conversion or is there a kit out there somewhere. My primary reason is that these little carbs have no choke and are an absolute pain when the engine is cold. Pumping the throttle over and over to keep the engines running is only fouling the plugs.

I'm open for suggestions . . .Thanks

"Thank you very much for the l

"Thank you very much for the link.

I called Redline who referred me to Carbs Unlimited in Washington. Replacement kit is about $700 retail and comes with replacement intake manifold and all the parts.

Do you know the "family" of the AQ145 engine? Is it a B20, B21, ????"

"As far as I can remember, B23

"As far as I can remember, B23 the AQ145A and B230 the AQ145B. I believe the one for the B21 should fit on either case, as the intake bolt pattern is the same."

"Great information - thank you

"Great information - thank you! I think I have the AQ145B, but most of the label came off years ago and I don't know how to tell the difference."

"Check above the starter, ther

"Check above the starter, there should be a riveted brass tag with the model and serial number stamped on it.

170248.jpg
"

"Thanks, Lee . . .

Did you

"Thanks, Lee . . .

Did you have the little Solex carbs before? Was the engine hard to start and keep at an idle when cold, or is it just me? Any problems with the installation?"

Back