Logo

Aq131 working rough up to 2000revs

sebski

"Hi Guys,

my aq131a working

"Hi Guys,

my aq131a working rough up to 2000-2200 revs...
Does not want to keep revs, they are going + and - 300 revs..
When I rev more that 2200 is accetable but still not very good.

I have new gasket kit installed on carburator, new points,condensor,rotor. Timing is set up correctly.

Any idea what it can be?
Where to look deeper? ignition ? fuel?

Sebastian"

"Did this problem begin after

"Did this problem begin after winterization? Did you winterize your fuel properly? Your high speed jets may be gummed up. Count the number of turns it takes to seat the jets. Then fully back them out. Clean them with 1000 grit paper and carb cleaner. Squirt carb. cleaner insie the carb as well. Then seat the jets, backing them off the number of turns you counted.

Also check your fuel filter and water separator."

I had always this problem.
Fu

I had always this problem.
Fuel is comming from the same tank to both engines(second engine works fine).

High speed jet? which one it is? The only one screw which I found to adjust is air/fuel mixture...

"Have you tried to run the mis

"Have you tried to run the misbehaving engine with gas from a jerrycan? You may want to try that before tearing everything apart. If it works fine, then you may have a restriction in the fuel line or the anti-syphon valve in the tank may be stuck."

"I will try to run from jerry

"I will try to run from jerry can, but if there would be any problem with fuel delivering system then on high revs it would work worst not better I think...

re: winterizing, fortunately don't have this problem, at this part of Europe where I am living temperature doesn't drop below 5 degrees Celsius.

What about float in carburetor? what would be symptoms when float is faulty?"

"Usually a stuck float will fl

"Usually a stuck float will flood out the engine, or starve it for fuel. A flooded engine will be hard to start and will idle poorly. If the float was stuck starving your carb then it would not run well at full throttle."

"Sebastian, if the problem per

"Sebastian, if the problem persisted, maybe the fuel pump would be the problem?

Also, do you see fuel in the clear hose going to the carb? If so, the fuel pump diaphraghm is perforated and you will have to replace the pump."

"El, I did swap fuel pumps bet

"El, I did swap fuel pumps between engines at the very begining...unfortunatelly both pumps are good...
The funny think is that spark plugs on both engines having the same proper color, fuel consumption (I have installed fuel flow meters) is the same on both engines...
Its really strange, cant think what more to swap between engines to find solution.

I think the very best idea will be to swap whole Carburators, then I will be sure that problem is somwhere else...God knows where"

"#38 I had out when I was chan

"#38 I had out when I was changing gaskets, small filter was fine, but I washed in petrol anyway.

#42 works fine, I took it off, cleaned and checked during gasket changing...

Cant understand why it works better on higher revs and works perfectly when engine is on gear..."

""my aq131a working rough

""my aq131a working rough up to 2000-2200 revs..."

Is the boat in gear when the engine fluctuates +/- 300 RPM?

You may have a vacuum leak between the carb and intake manifold. Out of gear, bring the engine to 1500 RPM. Lighty spray some WD40 near the base of the carb but not in the carb. If the RPMs fluctuate then you have a vacuum leak. You can also hook up a vacuum gauge and record the readings at different RPM bands.

How do your spark plugs look? I would guess they are running lean. Pull all of them and let us know how they look."

"when is on gear, then is fine

"when is on gear, then is fine.

spark plugs look good, kind of tan colour.

I have changed all the gasket on the bottom of carburator as well so supposed to be fine.But will spray wd40 anyway to check.

Where can I attach vacuum gauge?"

"Hi Guys,
some update, proble

"Hi Guys,
some update, problem was here:
"You may have a vacuum leak between the carb and intake manifold".

I have doubled gasket on carburator leg and it help. Now works smoothly.

Cheers guys..."

Back