Logo

AQ131 Recirc Pump

scotttu

"Saw this discussion on seawat

"Saw this discussion on seawater pumps going on and someone suggested a rebuild kit vs replacement.

I've got a recirc pump that the shop tells me is growling, but it's $869 new ..

Anyone know of a kit to repair/rebuild this pump?

After everything I've done to this engine I can't just break out another grand to fix it LOL.....everything is new on the engine now...

Never let your boat sit for years on end..."

"i also changed the "circu

"i also changed the "circulation" pump on my engine (#23 in the link that el sent), however i went to Pep boys and bought a pump for a volvo 240 with a 2.3L, mine happened to be an 89. it is the identical pump. And it only cost $45 plus tax

i also spoke with a mechanic at one of the local marinas and he told me that, that is where they get there parts from too."

"If the pupm discharge has a h

"If the pupm discharge has a hose, an automotive pump will fit. I believe all AQ131s can take an automotive pump."

"SWEET!! Thanks guys!

Does

"SWEET!! Thanks guys!

Does this one have to have the timing belt off to change it? If not I'll change it as soon as it gets out of the shop.....long story, tons of money in this engine but it's sellable now - in fact it's SWEET now...."

No you do not have to remove t

No you do not have to remove the timing belt to do that water pump you will however have to remove the alt belt.

Back