Logo

Aq125a

skippy

I have a aq125a in a bayliner, what my problem is that when the boat is running i am getting water coming out of the what appears to be a resorvouir on ther left side of the motor. This device also has a basket in it , sits beside the anti freeze compartment. Any ideas before i take off the exhaust manifold. Thanks for ther help.

Skip

That has a cap,Part#834576 that goes bad.Or the heat exchanger is clogging,you might be able to back flush or soak in muratic acid(not too long).
Then the manifold.

Hi There,

I have a put a new cap on but still leaks out, i guess the best thing to do is pull it apart and see what is going on. A 30 minute soak with the acid?? Thanks for ther tip

Skip

Not 30 min.Unless you weaken the solution.Maybe take it to a radiator shop.
I'd backflush first.Then the manifold.That's more than likley your problem.

Thanks, How would i back flush this motor? I have done this in car motors but not boats. Thanks again this would sure beat taking it all apart.

Skip

Thanks, but how would i back flush this motor?? I have done this in cars but not boats.It would sure beat taking it all apart. I really appreciate your help.

Skip

Got to take the heat exchanger out.Just make sure that you figure out which way the water goes into the exchanger.
That way you make sure your backflushing and not pushing in the junk/gunk.
I'd really start with the manifold.Take it off and look at the end.Lots of corrosion? Try a flow test.The manifold should have NO restriction.It should flow as much water as you can push through on a good hose.
Make sure the last hole on the manifold isin't leaking into the head.It will eat the head/hole and ruin it.

Back