Logo

AQ125 throttle linkage : can anybody snap me a quick pic?

pugetsounder

Advanced Contributor
I'm trying to convert my AQ120B intake to a downdraft from a AQ125. I'm amazed how different everything is. I can't figure out the linkage to the carb. I'm sure the cables are the same but I would like to see how throttle casing attaches to the motor/intake. Thanks in advance.

Do whatever it takes in order to allow this to work. It may require some fabrication.

Note that most V-8 applications "pull" for throttle opening, and that most, if not all, 4 cylinder applications "push" for throttle opening.
The direction of cable can be changed at the throttle unit if need be.

Cables are usually Morse 33C style.

Sorry, and just an FYI...... I should have included that this "pull" or "push" mentioned, is at the carburetor.
Throttle lever action remains exactly the same.

Thanks for the responses.

Yes it is a 125B carb and intake I am swapping to the 120B motor. They are both pull action at the carb. The problem is there is a bolt on bracket on the 120B that I can't find a place to bolt on the 125B intake mani. That's why I would like to see a pic of a functioning AQ125B carb linkage to see where/how the bracket is attached. I've got everything ready to swap over, rebuilt carb, clean intake, new gaskets, even the oil dipstick tube is different! The PCV and valve covers are different but I don't think I will need to swap them. Just the breather tube.

OK the holidays are over and I need to get serious about swapping the 125 carb to my 120 motor. I know it's winter and most boats are put away but if anybody with an AQ 125B (or AQ140A I believe they use the same bracket) package is out tinkering can you please snap a good clear big zoomed in picture of the throttle linkage for me? I still can't for the life of me figure out how it mounts. The linkage bracket is only part of the assembly and it's made of unobtainium. I can fabricate something if I can see how it actually mounts to the motor. I've gone so far as checking criagslist for someone selling a boat with the AQ125 motor just to snap a pic but the only one I've found this winter is 40 miles away.
Anybody? I know there are AQ125 and AQ140 motors out there. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back