Logo

Another Mariner What Year ?

Sorry for another murky Mariner year question, it's a 15M with a serial #684C-S-024831 . Made in Japan for Mariner International. Imported into Canada ,probably. The seller thought '94, my first research suggested '91, but the decals are '80s, wide red band. At this point I'm stumped .

Used 2 stroke 15 hp Yamaha motors get snapped off Craig's list. Even when they are asking what they paid new ! Mariners are 2/3s Yami prices, and mine was 2/3s going Mariner asking price. It was kind of cute, when he sold it , the leg was in a water filed garbage can. When I picked it up the next day, I saw that the bottom of the fin was held on by riveted plates. When my welding improves, I'll have to TIG it. .I did check the compression and it was good, in the teens . It started easily but even warm Mercs start easily. '70s blue stripes and blue bands were my past passion. I was first of four guys.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you. It' really a Yamaha, then, not a Tohatsu.

Next question, which model of Yamaha , concurrent Yami would be 15C , but would they sell them to a competitor ? It's important should I ever need parts.

Back