Logo

Alpha one gen two gear ratio

jansteam40

Contributing Member
"hi guys i am running an alpha

"hi guys i am running an alpha one gen two 1.62-1 ratio but i have been offered a 2.0-1 ratio my question is what affect will the change have , im running a 305 v8"

"you'll have to got up a c

"you'll have to got up a couple sizes on the prop. I'm surpised you're not running a 1.5:1r, do you boat about 2500' do you have a heavy boat? what are your current WOT rpms? What propeller are you using ? What is wrong with your current drive, not rebuildable ? If it's free and in good condition take it.. you can also change the gear(s) in the upper to change the ratio."

"i think the prop is 14 1/4 by

"i think the prop is 14 1/4 by 19 stainless but will check , the boat is a bayliner cierra 2355 and the wot is 4200 i think"

"I went from a 1.65R to a 1.98

"I went from a 1.65R to a 1.98R and went from a 19p to a 23p prop just to be close. If you do have a 1.62R then your change would be about the same. even going up in pitch, the boat came out of the hole quickly, did have a bit more steering torque, but I dont have power steering."

i think originally it was a 17

i think originally it was a 17.5 pitch dont know why it was changed . still by what you say looks like a good swap thanks

Back