Logo

ALHow ya makin out

concritter

Regular Contributor
Been at this home computer 3 d

Been at this home computer 3 days in the past 3 weeks.Working on a project only minutes from my boat so staying there a lot instead of 75 minute drive here to the house and am hoping all is well at your end....Todd

"Only could wish for that to g

"Only could wish for that to get me to even September.Wouldn't ya know it that I have only 8 guys on the job with me and have been there 2.5 weeks and am currently 3 weeks ahead of schedule.It's a good thing,but a bad thing at the same time.For now...enjoying the moment and waiting for you(Rick) to find your way to Charlestown....Todd"

"Hi Todd and Rick : Here's

"Hi Todd and Rick : Here's my update. I was trying to get the other engine finished by the weekend but my real job keeps getting in the way. Friday I had to be in Hackensack north Jersey and left at 4:15pm to go home..80 miles took me 3 1/2 hours. Took 15 minutes to clear the EZ pass booth and 20 minutes for my blood pressure to fall back to normal

Anyway, every thing is nearly done. Installed the carb Saturday re-torqued the intake manifold to be sure and cut all new 1 1/4 cooling system hoses (6) but ran out of new clamps. These engines look great and should run better than they ever have since I am the owner (and frankly they ran good before). That 1st engine I did just starts SO GREAT. No pumping the throttle and stalling 3-4 times. It starts and runs like it was fuel injected. My oil sucker thing shorted out and I insist on changing the oil before I start the engine, it is TOO Freaking hot and perspiration was sloshing off of me like I was in the shower on Sunday. I beleive I am about 4 horus away from starting her up and finishing the job. I did but that Rotella T oil but honestly, the whole oil thing confuses me. I was thinking about changing the hyradulic lifters to the roller one but I could not begin to find a cross reference or source. Since I REALLY want to get this done, I just used new regular stock units as in the other block. The GM pushrods DO HAVE a color band indicating the top of the pushrod as listed in the manual BUT the new ones I have had NO color band so I hope THAT is not a problem. I found a case of GM EOS assembly lube and used some during this engine job but again, as an additive ...I know nothing but what I read. SO to sum it all up, I SHOULD be finished by the weekend IF work doesn't keep me too busy.

The crazy thing is that I have so many tools from the motorcycle days that I had loaded them into tool bags and separated them by screwdrivers, socket sets, box wrenches, plier type tools, electrical tools. When I went to the boat Saturday, it was listing about 4" to starboard as all the bags were lined up under those side windows. Some of those bags are over 40 lbs each. The white portion of the new boot stripe is Barnegat BROWN !"

Hey! You can't change fla

Hey! You can't change flat tappets to rollers without changing the cam as well. Entirely different profiles.

Jeff

Back