Logo

a few questions

gaztric

Just recently i have noticed water coming out the upper exhaust ports on my mariner 175hp about 1990 model.
It probably has always came out iv just never noticed.How much should be coming out?its like a running tap sort of bubbling out .
There is water coming out the peehole which normally happens its just a week un broken consistent stream as normal.

Another question.When i tilt the motor right up water comes out the couling near the fuel line and electri cords.
What could be the problem here?
ill take the couling of tommore and put the muffs on.Should i engage the propeller so it spins?than have a look to see how the water is getting there.I would assume its one of the lines that go to the thermostats. Im guessing that's called the head were they go up the top of the engine?one on the left and the other on the right.
Were else could the water be coming from?

Could the water run all the way up the leg whilst the shaft and propeller are in the water and traveling along.?

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Exhaust water sounds normal. Check the telltale pee hole for obstructions...spider nests. Don't engage the prop on muffs. Check the hoses for leaks and eyeball everything else for leaks. When did you last replace the impeller and thermostats?

Back