Logo

A doubt about propeller

lias

Contributing Member
For a robalo of 22 feet of 1983 that is heavy with an evinrude 225 hp impeller advise me thanks

Last edited:
My question is, which Helix I would be better, so that engine will not sustain mocho, because I feel the engine seizing much force, which I have now is a 21

That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine!
That may be to some, but let me see if I can interpret lias' question. He is concerned about the "helix" by which I assume he is referring to propeller pitch. He is worried that the motor is acting as if it is over loaded and may sustain damage if he continues to operate it as is. He is running a 21 inch pitch and is asking for an opinion. The question I would ask lias is : Do you know what the engine RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) as indicated on a tachometer is at WOT (Wide Open Throttle)?

I don’t think a picture is necessary. In my opinion the next logical question would be: Is this boat new to you and has it run this way since you got it? Or, have you had the boat for a while and are now noticing a drop in performance?

Before experimenting with props to get the " correct " rpm you need to determine the condition of the engine.------This can be done with a factory test propeller or a shop that has a MARINE DYNOMOMETER to test the motor.

Back