Logo

A Challenge

jacko

" Ok, with your help I now hav

" Ok, with your help I now have my 1980 9.8 merc up and running, now and I hope lastly I need the flush device for this motor. The oringal fell overboard. Rabbit ear's do not work as the water pick up is above the prop and the plastic quick connect does not work either. 3/4's up the shaft housing there is a screw that backs out and a bass piece about 3 inches long screws in,a garden hose connects to the other end of the device. The device might resemble{ with a little imagation} the mouth piece of a trumpet. Who makes this? What is is model/part # ? Where can I order this. Many, many thanks and this sure is a great web site. "

" In a pinch, a fellow could g

" In a pinch, a fellow could go to the hardware store and pick up some brass fittings. Start with a threaded nipple about three inches long that would be capable of screwing into that hole. After that an adapter or two should make it possible to attach a standard garden hose fitting on the other end of that nipple be it through all treaded fittings or possibly even a small soldering project. In any case, unless you are able to find a manufactured part, it should not be too dificult to fashion one. If they no longer make what you need you could slap a few extras together and stick them on ebay .... who knows, you might pick up a nickle or two off the idea. "

" go to your local mercury dea

" go to your local mercury dealer or for that matter a marine supplier and you can get the proper flushing attachment that slides over the ANTI-ventilation plate and the hose attaches to the suction cup on the botomn, the onlything you have to do is spend 17.49 and take the propeller off (should be done anyway for safety) and turn on the H2O..

merc part number 12612T 2

do it right buddy dont hokie <FONT COLOR=""ff0000"">&#149;&#149;&#149;&#149;</FONT> up "

" Nick,
I am not sure what

" Nick,
I am not sure what you mean by " don't hokie up" ? . I am trying to get a replacement for the original piece that served as the flush device. As I mentioned earlier, there is a screw 3/4's the way up the shaft housing that backs out, above the screw on the housing is inprinted the word "FLUSH", once the screw is taken out an attachment about 3 inches long made of brass is inserted allowing the garden hose to flush the motor{not running}. The propeller never having to be removed. The only thing Nick is correct about is the cost, about 20 bucks. Anyone who might know where I can purchase this item, your feedback is welcome. thanks, JACK "

Back