Logo

97 mariner 3 cyl 75 elpto ignition wires change ......help please

Outdoorman62

Hi have a 97 mariner 75 elpto serial og497244 3 cylinder
want to change spark plug wires and have 3 brand new genuine Mercury parts to change (3 spark plug wires )
seems the ignition wire is not a plug in type but bare end to cdm and other end w spark plug boot ready
. I don't want to pull on the wires to remove and damage ignition coils but it's not a simple plug in
how the heck do these wires remove to replace? Engine runs great but wanted to change since originals still on @ 22yrs and does runs super and its super clean well taken care of I am second owner from 3rd yr new
there is no instructions in repair manuals and part instructions. Seems I did find out that this Does Not have a screw type lug for ignition wire as Mercury had done away with type before this was made
wire instructions only say insert w 1/2 inch of dielectric grease .... Help is most appreciated and most grateful for .. It deserves a little maintenance .. Thank you !!!!!

These wires are well made.------Problems with your motor ?----Changing them just because ?
Thanks for reply no problems runs great just 22 yrs old just rebuilt fuel pump all new fuel hoses fuel filter and always change plugs mercury reccomended changing as maintaining

Back