Logo

'97 40hp mercury stator & trigger ohm specs (2nd try!)

snowshoe202

It's been so long since I've needed help from this forum that I think I'm a newbie again!!
Please help, stator and trigger ohm specs for a 1997 Mercury ELPTO 40hp 4cyl 2cy #OG5158 something something.
Here's what I've found;
Stator (red) 4 wires - yellow to yellow = 0.8 (@ 200)
- white to green = 1590 (@20k)
- each wire to ground = 0.0
Trigger 4 wires - white to violet = 850 (@2000)
- black to tan = 850 (@2000)
- each wire to Ground = 0.0
I started this project last fall but the weather froze up too early for me. Last week I hope we had our last overnight freeze. Sometime between fall and spring I misplaced my spec sheet. Thanks greatly for any help!

Sorry accidently hit the post button before had message completed, than edit time ran out. At this rate it will be fall again before I know it!!!

Without knowing the engine serial number it can be difficult or impossible to offer help.

Your newbie is showing.

The motor serial number is included. I first registered on this forum about 2017, so I'm a newbie..
And the reason I'm asking for information is I'd like to know if the the ohms reading are workable and asked for a little help.
But thanks.

You really really need a DVA meter to test this ignition system. Here is info from manual....

1716090573348.png

1716090881423.png

faztbullet;
Late last year, to stop the control box from constant sceeming, had to replace the Oil Sensor Warning Module, when I noticed the two yellow stator lead 'connectors' looked a little discolored along with 'one yellow lead'.
I pulled the flywheel to check out the stator and trigger wiring conditions inside the black sleeving.
Ended up walking away from the project till now.
All the wiring looks good except about 1 1/4" of that one yellow lead which isn't all that bad, seen worse.
Everything inside the sleeving was good.
Wanted to banch test what I can before reinstalling and go from there.
Sorry I haven't had enough time to carry out a dicent conversation.
Thanks again for the help.

Back