Logo

95 Ranger with alarm problem 115hp Johnson

nabholz

My buddy has a 95 ranger with a 115 Johnson. We hook it up to the ear muffs and it idles good and everything, rev's good But after five minute he has an alarm going off, it is an intermediate alarm that beeps two second and stops 2 seconds and it kinda sounds sick. Then I will turn the key off and start it right back up and it will run for five minutes and alarm goes off again. His oil level is good and Plenty of water coming out the prop. What else could be the problem??

Re: 95 Ranger with alarm problem

That alarm indicates no oil is being delivered to the engine. Possibly a failed VRO pump. More likely a leak or blockage in the oil line.

The catch is the boat smokes like its getting plentyof oil. Could it be a sensor? I am in way an expert so I dont know. Thanks

is it the overtemp alarm? thermostat maybe stuck, and it will still pump good water out of the hose, it can also cut the ignition. when it does that again, unplug the two orange wires that come off of each cylinder head. if the alarm stops, check the thermostat manifold for an obstuction or frozen/inoperative thermostat. is the paint scorced on the motor, sign of overheating. careful, there's two poppet spings inside. remove the two outer bolts first, you don't need to pull them out, just unthread them, then the middle one last on removal. start with the middle one when you assemble it back together. good luck.:cool:

Back