Logo

95 johnson 115 2 stroke no fire on left side after changing boat

exrex0015

got a 96 javlin from my father in law he just had power head redone, boat infested with termites, condition wostened after having for only 6 months boat ran great took it out sevral times 20 miles a time ran no problems got another boat and decided to swap motors after the new boat started knocking, again johnson ran great right before, got a remote control box for motor and carefully removed all engine wiring from old javlin boat and ran exactly how was hooked up in javlin on new boat. after sevral days of getting everything right, tried to test fire engine finally and wouldnt start at all! went to check spark plugs have good spark on left side no spark on right side moved plus same result moved trigger wires from left and hook on right i get fire on the one i hooked up with left side trigger wire so i know plugs are good and coils are good cdi was replaced in 2018 so i wouldnt think it went out, un plugged control box from harness and jumped starter no change, cleaned and retightened cdi ground and reset all connections on motor still no change, now i did leave cowl off motor for a couple of weeks and i did rain but its texas and hot and motors should be water resistant right? i got ven unplugged all connections from boat side on motor and still has spark on left but not right side now i have a meter dont have a dva or even know what that is but im at a loss

Back