Logo

95 evinrude buzzer alarm

KeoweeKiser

So I bought a javelin 379te boat with a 95 evinrude intruder 150 motor. Took it out for lake test everything was great. Powerful and ran good. Other than it had been sitting for a few years. Brought it home, changed all the fuel lines, bulb, filter, water separator, plugs, new Thermostats, springs and caps. Well it has been running good until last time out fishing. When the oil level buzzer went off, well it was low so I filled it up and the buzzer went quiet like it should. Ran fine for a week. Next time out the alarm was on constant tone evening before starting the boat. I checked oil, thermostats, Vacuum sensor. I can disconnect the tan wire at the alarm and it will go silent, plug it back up and it is constant,disconnect temp sensors alarm stays on, same for the vacuum, but once I unplug the oil tank plug inside the motor cover the alarm goes silent. Also I have checked and i am still pumping oil and the motor runs fine even with this alarm. It isn't going into SLOW. Anyone have any ideas? Or is it just the oil tank level? I removed it and slide the contacts apart and together and the alarm does not change. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a head of time.

(Odd Soundings Of Warning Horn)
(J. Reeves)

Should the warning horn beep constantly when the key is turned to the ON position rather than sounding just a short beep as it should, do the following test.

Remove the TAN wire from the horn. If the constant beeping continues, the horn is faulty, in which case replace it. However, on the other hand, if the beeping stops, something has gone wrong with one of the sensor components at the engine, in which case start disconnecting the TAN wires that are connected to the various components (Heat Sensors, VRO, Vacuum Switch if so equipped, Oil Tank). Disconnecting a unit and having the beeping stop...... you've found the faulty component.

NOTE: The small black plastic horn that has a built in black ground wire...... The TAN wire must be attached to the terminal closest to that black wire. Otherwise weird things will happen.

(Odd Soundings Of Warning Horn)
(J. Reeves)

Should the warning horn beep constantly when the key is turned to the ON position rather than sounding just a short beep as it should, do the following test.

Remove the TAN wire from the horn. If the constant beeping continues, the horn is faulty, in which case replace it. However, on the other hand, if the beeping stops, something has gone wrong with one of the sensor components at the engine, in which case start disconnecting the TAN wires that are connected to the various components (Heat Sensors, VRO, Vacuum Switch if so equipped, Oil Tank). Disconnecting a unit and having the beeping stop...... you've found the faulty component.

NOTE: The small black plastic horn that has a built in black ground wire...... The TAN wire must be attached to the terminal closest to that black wire. Otherwise weird things will happen.

alright well I followed those instructions as I mentioned above. I just wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before with their oil tank level sensor before spending the 100+$ on the new unit. Thanks joe. Ill update this after I get the tank and install it just for anyone who may have this issue in the future.

Back