Logo

95 9.9 Johnson teletell

pumpman

Hope this is the right place to post this. I just joined. I have a 95 9.9 Johnson. It would sometimes pump water out if the teletell and sometimes not you could turn it off and restart it sometimes a couple of times. Till it started pumping. It pumped good water in neutral and in drive. No water would pump in reverse. I could run it wide open in drive with no problem. If I just slowly idled around the alarm would go off. So I pulled the thermostat out and also replaced the water pump and housing. It does the samething no water in reverse sometimes it will pump on startup if not you have to restart until it does. But now it will sound the alarm even if you are full throttle. It didn't do that till I changed the water pump. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

A 2 stroke or 4 stroke ?----Model # is ?-----Are you testing on a boat in the water ?----On a hose ?----If testing in a bucket is the water 8" above the impeller ?-----Grommet in place on the new housing ?

It is a 2 stroke. It's on a boat testing in the lake. Don't know model number. I'm over the road truck driver. I'll be back home this weekend. It is electric start.

Back