Logo

94 alpha one mercruiser wiring help!

duckhunter185

Contributing Member
Trying to wiring up the engine in my new boat. Stumped on a few wires and oil sender and switch. I could only find the oil switch and it had a plastic line with a compression fitting along with it (pressure guage?) but no oil senders. also the fuel pump is not wired up so im sure some of the wires belong to it and the oil senders. The first picture has a black, tan and purple. second is light blue, purple and yellow and purple. thanks!

newwire1.jpgnewwire2.jpgnewwire3.jpgnewwire4.jpg

Ayuh,.... I see a brass t to a mechanical gauge fitting/ line, 'n what looks like the fuel pump switch...

The gauge sender might be beside the distributer...

I usually figure out where wires go, by what they'll reach for the last known attachment...

Thanks! There isn't one by the distributer. The engine is out of a truck. I bought the boat unwired and half apart. Ad far as I can tell He switched all the marine stuff over from his old engine. I've got the wiring 99% figured out. All the main stuff that is.

purlpe = ignition on=+12. Looks like it connected to an electric choke. Some harnesses came with the wire even without electric choke.
Tan = temp sender. Tan with strip = over temp, low oil pressure, low drive fluid alarm. Black should ALWAYS = ground (negative)
What is the make year of the original boat/emgine package and I can send you the factory schematic.

94 vip fish and ski 4.3 lx with the 4 bbl and an after market electric fuel pump. The engine is out of a truck if that makes much difference. Thank you for your help.

could the 2 wire plug be from the original fuel pump? could the purple wire with the female connector and the purple with yellow strip wire with the same connector (in the second picture) be for the oil pressure switch that powers the fuel pump? thanks again!

Back