Logo

90HP yamaha 1989 not pumping oil

sonicx

"I have a yamaha 90 hp 1989 th

"I have a yamaha 90 hp 1989 that I think have a problem with the oil pump , first the oil tank is full and the alarm goes off since I start the motor without stoping, second the there is a lot of oil leaking under the crank case when the motor runs and I removed an oil hose that goes to the intake and there was not sights of oil and the same hose in the pump and was the same thing..but i don't underestand why the alarm if the oil tanks is full.. any sugestion ..thanks"

"You need a portable fuel tank

"You need a portable fuel tank that you can use to run your engine on a 50:1 gas:eek:il mix for testing. Do not run without oil.

I have a 1991 90TRP and the oil level indicator is in the tank filter/pickup.

The warning lamp should go yellow between 1.19~0.33 US Quart and Red w/ Warning Buzzer below 0.33 Qt.

The oil injection pump has an air-bleeding screw that you need to loosen and confirm that air-free oil overflows. Lines must be air-free and should not leak. Ty-Wrap's make an excellent replacement for oil-line hose clamps.

Using your 50:1, run in a test tank (or garbage can) at 1500 RPM and measure the output of each of the three oil injection lines to the carburetors for 2.70~3.73 cu.cm (0.91~0.126 US Oz.) for a three minute run (one teaspoon = 5 CC or 0.1666 Oz. I used a nine minute test run and then calculated it to 3 minutes).

Your Oil Pump link from carburetor should open the oil pump lever 0.5 mm off full open stopper at wide open throttle."

Back