Logo

90hp Johnson J90glsta No Spark

Matthewarnett

Please Help. Have checked kill switch, replaced battery, ignition switch, optical ignition sensor, working with a known good power pack. Went through the CDI trouble shooting guide. When doing the ohms check on the stator orange to orange and black was 56 ohms. Although the brown to brown and white is supposed to be 450 to 600 but reads 1100. Could this be the problem. Pulled stator not any significant goo dripping but there where a few hardened droplets. Flywheel magnets looked good. I can't v remember where I found it now but there was ca voltage check from the stator that should have read 25 v I had 4v could this be due to the high resistance in the stator?

Those reading point to a failed stator... BUT... before you go that route..... remove the black/yellow wire from the ignition switch.

Now, with Key in the ON position and all the spark plugs removed and that black/yellow wire removed, re-check the spark. If you have spark with that wire removed BUT no spark with it connected, replace the ignition switch.

Back