Logo

8HP EVEINRUDE WONT START

cali009

"THE MOTOR I WAS GIVEN FOR FRE

"THE MOTOR I WAS GIVEN FOR FREE. WONT START, WHENI FIRST GOT IT I COULD NOT PULL TO CORD. I CHECK EVERYTHIGN OUT AND THERE WAS A PEICE OF METEL STUCK IN ONE OF HTE PISTONS. SO IT PULLS NOW, BUT STILL WONT START. I WANT OT TAKE IT APART AND CLEAN EVERYTHING BUT I NEED A TOOL TO REMOVE THE FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY I NEED A TOOL THAT I DONT HAVE. WHAT IS THE TOOL CALLED OR WHERE CAN I GET ONE?

PLUS CANI SELL THIS MOTOR IF I CAN AFORD TO FINISH THE PROJECT? HOW MUCH WOULD BE RESONABLE"

A piece of metal stuck in one

A piece of metal stuck in one of the pistons? You're looking a an expensive major overhaul. I suggest you forget about repairing that engine.

is there a way to start this m

is there a way to start this motor? i believe the piece of metel was the meter rod. it look sabout the size of it.

looking for a carb kit for a 9

looking for a carb kit for a 90hp evinrude 1964 v4 model 90483. its pouring gas out the throats. thanx

"Chris, " it looke like a

"Chris, " it looke like a metering rod " ----I think you are wrong here and it sounds to me that it was a needle bearing. Post a picture of that piece and we can help, to me it sounds like you have a parts motor."

i cant post a picture it says

i cant post a picture it says the itis to big. and i am not good at resizing images. i will try. but the pin is about 1inch long it was found in the bottom piston.

"Got the picture. Here's w

"Got the picture. Here's what Chris is speaking of fellows.

171221.jpg
brg

I have a Fuel pump question no

I have a Fuel pump question now. I took mine off to loo at it and there is 3 hoses conected to it. 1.)from the front(tank) 2.) to the crank case(i believe)3.) to the engine(no gas is coming throught this one)

i then took the fulr pump apart and saw the difram. i am lost now i dont know why the gass wont get to the one conection to bring gas to the motor to start.

Can someone help me please.

Sure looks like a needle beari

Sure looks like a needle bearing!!! The fuel pump has #1 fuel in # 2 fuel out and #3 pressure pulses from the crankcase.That needle bearing does not look good.

THANKS! so a needle bearing? o

THANKS! so a needle bearing? on the expolided diagram i found on the internet. i can't find where it would go or come from..

as for the fuel pump. #2fuel out has no gas getting to it. should i post a picture of it and a picture of it taken apart.

"Needle bearings exist between

"Needle bearings exist between the connecting rod and the crankshaft, also at the center main bearing.

They also exist at the top main bearing and the wrist pin to piston areas BUT these two bearings are assembled bearings that would need to fail in order for the needle to escape.

The needle you found in the cylinder may be from one of the above areas BUT may have also been put there by somebody as a sick joke. You'll need to tear the powerhead down in order to find out."

well my problem now is i can n

well my problem now is i can not take the motor apart. i dont have the tool to remove the flywheel. so i can not take a look inside. i did try to remove the engine from the frame. but not a budge. does anyone know what the tool is and how much it is to remove the flywheel?

Back