Logo

89 Envinrude VRO 90hp

pat

"I just bought a Boston Whaler

"I just bought a Boston Whaler the needs alot of hull work. It has a 1989 Envinrude VRO 90hp. The engine runs well, not sure of the hours. I need to get the motor off the boat. It's going to take me a long time to fix the boat to my satisfaction and I don't have the space to store the motor. Is there a market for this type of engine? If so how much is it worth and what is the best way to sell it?"

"I'll see if I can help wi

"I'll see if I can help with some of your questions...

Is there a market? the answer is maybe. It depends where you are. If you nestled in amongst alot of 10hp lakes, maybe not.

Are there a number of boats in your area that would use a 90hp??

It's a little too heavy to ship economically, so you will be primarily looking for a "local" buyer.

So what's it worth. Probably a whole lot less than you might imagine. A new 90 is many thousands of dollars. The value of yours will be determined by a few factors:

Is it running well?

Is it cosmetically "pretty"?

When was it last serviced, what was done, and do you have receipts?

Has it ever been run in salt water?

All of those factors will determine "value", but then again, if nobody want's it, value is just a number.

90 horse motors of this vintage, generally sell for between 1000 and 2000 bucks depending on the above factors.

In an area where there is high demand, you could get more.

Try posting it on on-line buy/sell bulletin boards, local marine dealers, or even Ebay...."

"Thanks for the info Graham...

"Thanks for the info Graham...
- Motor located in South Florida.
- It runs well and was used in saltwater.
- The previous owner stopped using the oil injection and premixed gas, not sure how much that effects the price.
- No service records and cosmetically looks good for 18 years old. Original paint in good shape.
- I would be happy to get $1000.
Thanks for the advice, if you can think of some more I'll be checking the board."

"You are in a prime area for s

"You are in a prime area for selling this motor - ask 1500 or best offer and see what kind of interest it generates.

It is an Evinrude, which is probably the only brand I would consider (or advise) for a motor of that size."

Put it in the Miami Herald. T

Put it in the Miami Herald. They will beat a path to your door.

Back