Logo

89 200XP Recirculation Valves

"Can anyone tell me how many r

"Can anyone tell me how many recirculation that my 200 hp 60deg looper has? I have looked in my manual but can't identify them.

I just rebuilt the carbs, but am still getting a lot of smoke at idle. Should I try to clean these valves or just replace them?"

"you only have 1 valve, locate

"you only have 1 valve, located right behind the carbs. also the arrow on it should be point towards the top.

Also your motor will just always smoke.. Just call it old smoke.. That is what I call mine 225Txcub.. LOL.

Larry"

"Mark, your motor has 6 count

"Mark, your motor has 6 count them SIX recirculating valves on the block. No idea why someone would post that there is only one."

"not a student,

there are 6

"not a student,

there are 6 recirculating hoses, but only one one direction recirculating valve. located at the base of the motor under the carbs..

part number 0394892 CHECK VALVE ASSY

Found it at: http://ep.brp.com

Larry"

SORRY mate there are 6 recircu

SORRY mate there are 6 recirculating valves as per the BRP website.

"Larry, look for part #325604

"Larry, look for part #325604 and quantity used per engine."

"Actually there are a total of

"Actually there are a total of seven check valves. Six are on the crankcase (392988), and one (325569) in the hose between the lower and upper bearing fittings. Maybe someone can even find a few more.

It pays to test them and replace any that do not function. I believe they cost more than $10 apiece.

Tony"

"Gentlemen

I certainly appr

"Gentlemen

I certainly appreciate the advice that you all have given me. Although there may be some disagreements, I believe that each one of you may be somewhat hold the answer to my question.

After plugging my model #, E200STLCEB, into the BRP website, I found the following parts.....

Part # Qty Desc
0325604 6 FITTING, Recirculating(crankcase)
0394892 1 CHECK VALVE ASSY (tee)
0325569 1 TEE, Crankcase drain
0392988 6 CHECK VALVE ASSY (intake)

So....
1. Are the Recirculation Fittings in the crankcase a one way valve that needs cleaning?
2. What are the intake check valves for and should I be cleaning those as well?

Thanks again for all your help!!"

"Mark,

I did read the wrong

"Mark,

I did read the wrong number on the check valve tee in the hose between the upper and lower bearing drain fittings.

The recirculation fittings on the crankcase are not check valves. The six valves,392988, and the tee valve, 394892, are the only ones you have to check.

The manufacturer advises that they be checked with a syringe and alcohol. You should be able to run alcohol in one direction only through the valve.

tony"

I just recently purchase a 1999 200 hp Johnson Venom the engine starts but fire or spark come of this area since the hose in not attach from this damage recirculating valve since is rusted and broken how do I remove this part that is barely on the edge

Back