Logo

88 excel wont pump water

wildcatt

Hi - My mechanic and I are trying to figure out why this engine won't pump water.

88 Excell - 2.6 lt

Last fall it was running fine when taking the boat out for the final spin of the year.
Brought the boat back to the house to fog etc, I noticed that the pee hole stream was weak. Decided it was time for a new impeller, so I fogged etc.
I've since replaced the impeller and still no pumping. The water I get is from the pressure of the hose on the muffs and is minimal - but it does come through. When it is in the lake it runs, but no water.
The mechanic has now replaced the whole pump, blown air and water directly into the pipe in the midsection and still no water pumping when put into action.

Anybody have any ideas how the water from a hose can make it through but not the water from a new pump assembly?

Were thinking that the next step is to pull the power head to see if something is blocked in there.

I'd rather not do that if at all possible

Thank you

Tom

Sounds like you do have blockage. The water from the hose is forced into the motor. One thing that does need to be checked, is the water pump put in right, because if the vanes are turned the wrong way, then it wont pump water.

thx Guys - hi pressure hose hooked to the mid seems to have flushed out whatever crap was in there. All is good now.

I appreciate the help

cheers

Tom!

Back