Logo

87 DT150 CUTS OUT WHEN TRIMMED

mt_pockets

"Hey guys. I got a weird one

"Hey guys. I got a weird one here. I got a DT150 that will start & run fine, but when I start to trim the motor I hear the buzzer (faintly) going off & the motor acts like the ignition is being cut out. All I have to do is ease back on the throttle, then get back on it & everything is fine til trimmed again. I have the Suzuki service manual for it. I get no oil, water, oil flow, or over rev lights when this happens. The manual states the over rev should not kick in til 5900 +- 250 rpms. The most I can get out of it is 5000 if I am lucky and like I said it only starts to act up when the trim is used. I have tried using the bow trim, clean all battery connections & install new battery which all was no help. The boat had been sitting for a long time & when first starting to work on it there was no spark on the right bank. That ended up being a stator which I was lucky enough to get at a local dealer used. He said there is something called a tachometer control unit that may be at fault that has a grey, yellow & a yellow/blk wire. He said I can bypass it by disconnecting the gray then plugging the yellow & yellow/blk together. I have not had time to look for it on motor, but have found nothing in manual about a tachometer control unit.

Any & all help is greatly appreciated!!"

Back