Logo

85 horse force

dclanegan

I have a 85 horse force. the other day on the water it stopped running.
if I pull up on the fast idle lever it starts,push it back down it idles very rough and stalls when put into gear.got it home pulled off and cleaned carbs.this helped but still not right- will put new kits in all 3 today.any other suggestions?
also while I had it running in the yard I leaned my hand up on the cylinder head and recieved a good shock is this normal? if not what could cause it?

Check all the connections.All the grounds and where the stator/trigger connect.Sometimes with all the vibrations a wire will come out of its connector.J

had to bite the bullet this AM and grabbed the cylinder head- no shock- must have touched the spark plug wire the first time.
question on the carbs--set the idle mixture screw 1 turn out from light seat, would not run,turned out 1/2 turn at a time- still nothing until I adjusted the tie bar up 1/16 in. on bottom carb.this opened top 2 carbs slightly, reset idle screw to 1 turn, now seems to run fine. book does not mention the adjustment on the tie bar, is there a pr determined setting ? or do I adjust it similar to the way I have

The linkage on the carbs should activate all three back butterflys at the same time.
In the manuals they have a thing called link and sinc.It explains the procedure.Go to the library you might find a book there.J

Back