Hello all,

Recently had issues high speed, would not go over 4,000
redid carbs
compreesion 120 each cyl
new spark plugs/ cables/fuel lines/impeller
passes the spark plug test

my stator had low ohms for high speed
bought new cdi stator and new trigger since cables worn
I marked the flywheel with white nail polish so I can place it back in the same position as when I popped it off

took back to water and ran like crap still

i do have an inline filter-Oem but also have put a water separator right out of tank-

it starts and moves but does not want to pick up speed- probably no more than 2k rpm,
it does not sound like a 2stroke-sounds almost bogged down

the top two spark plus feel hotter than the lower two when touched incase that means anything

Im leaning towards removing water separator and rebuilding carbs, just wanted some advice from yall

thanks

Last edited:
Ok pulled out spark plugs after spraying some seafoam carb cleaner on muffs, bottom spark plus was white, swapped with the dirtiest plug, ran again, and came out white, looks like a water leak…
would this cause the issue of not running right as stated above?
I know it needs to be fixed, if it is just lower crank case seal is it similar to replace as top seal?
anything else to look into or replace besides gaskets?
Thanks

Bottom bearing housing can be removed to replace seals.-----Then it is easy to replace exhaust cover gaskets.----Check / clean exhaust tuner when powerhead is off.

One more question-could this be water jacket gasket or it is the lower crank seals, bottom cylinder spark plug no carbon after running on idle…

I would do the seals.-----And I would do the exhaust gaskets.----No it is NOT the water jacket around sparkplugs leaking.

With the new lower crank seals, gaskets and oring to be replaced is there any grease or permatex that needs to be added to any parts? Áreas? Thanks

Last edited:
Back