Logo

84 50HP gaskt change

Qbanredneck

Contributing Member
hello

recently I changed both gaskets for my exhaust. I am still getting water and exhaust coming out of the section in the picture. can this be from the gaskets not sealed correctly or? I did not use a gasket sealant, could this have been the problem?

thanks for the replies in advance

Attachments

• FE864359-726F-4949-A30C-07887F777E4E.jpeg
    FE864359-726F-4949-A30C-07887F777E4E.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 29
Looking into it today, water does not come out of the area on muffs only when it’s in a tank. The exhaust I’m thinking may be cause of the way the pipes are connected in midsection some may escape, not sure on the water part. In case any of this helps someone’s thoughts, thanks

Well, I lifted the motor again, removed gaskets and reset with permatex gasket sealant, and water was still coming out front, removed the telltale from the exit part on bottom of cowling and doesn’t seem to leak up front after, but I don’t see any water being put out inside the motor from hose, i do as well have exhaust coming out of that area

Last edited:
Well, I lifted the motor again, removed gaskets and reset with permatex gasket sealant, and water was still coming out front, removed the telltale from the exit part on bottom of cowling and doesn’t seem to leak up front after, but I don’t see any water being put out inside the motor from hose, i do as well have exhaust coming out of that area

i read on another site someone wrote following “[FONT=&quot]2 x upper mounts to steering swivel column seals which were the culprits for the exhaust smoke and water leaking”

he stated he had the same leaks from same area, anyone run into anything similar?

thanks all[/FONT]

Back