Logo

77 15 hp no fuel top cyl

Jvanslooten

I have a 77 15 hp with no fuel to top cyl... compression good spark good head gasket good bottom plug is black and top is clean any Ideas would help as I am a bit baffeled i will try new plugs and carb cleaner down the intake runner tommrow anything else I may have missed will help????????

Thgose 9.9hp and 15hp models will drop a cylinder at idle if the carburetor is set slightly too lean, BUT if no fuel flows to the top cylinder at all (any rpm), remove the intake manifold and check for a failed leaf valve.

I had it running earlier today ran great now as soon as it gets warm it stalls and wont start wont sputter nothing just poors fuel out the exhaust I am a bit confused if it was a bit more like a car I could probbly get it going it still has spark carb may need rebuild or is there a factory starting point for the rich lean adjustment like a quater turn past full close or a base to start with?

Does it have spark on both cylinders ???-----------Does manual fuel pump ( primer bulb ) go hard when you use it to fill the carburetor??.---------------The low speed mixture adjustment should be out about 1-1/2 turn from seated to start with , then adjust from there.-------High speed mixture is " fixed ", no adjustment.

Back