Logo

75 HP 1992 Mariner prop

woodfan

"Could someone tell me what pr

"Could someone tell me what prop came standard on my motor? Or at least the recommended prop. Ser# 0D096787. I have a service manual on the way, but I don't know if it will list the proper prop. The prop will be used for 95% fishing.

Many Thanks'
Ron"

"Ron, the stock prop is of zer

"Ron, the stock prop is of zero value unless you have it on a boat of a specific weight, loaded in a particular fashion.

You need to select a diameter and pitch that will allow the motor to get into it's Wide Open Throttle range.

So, your motor hung on the back of a 17' full console weighing 1300 pounds may need a 13 or 15 pitch - that same motor on a 700 pound 16 footer could easily run a 19 or 21 pitch (so say it came with a 17 from factory - it would not really suit either application)

Because of that, most motors over 25 horses now do not come with a factory prop - it is selected after the motor is purchased.

If you list the make/model of your boat, length, average load you carry (2 guys, 2 batteries etc) can throw the numbers into a prop calculator and give you a recommendation.

Alternately, you can try the prop selector on this site (in the prop section to the right) and it will also give you a rough idea."

Back