Logo

73 evinrude lark 50hp pump water

Evincoy

Drives me nuts this has no tell tale. New water pump kit was completely installed. When the motor runs on muffs I get nothing coming from the exhaust ports at all. When I put it in a barrel some drops of water started coming out every 10-15 seconds from exhaust port. I’ve read a lot some say it’s a mist or drop. Few have said it’s a somewhat steady flow. Idk what to think just don’t want to take it out and constantly be worried about it overheating. Thanks
model-50373 R
Ser num- E0005266

Have you tested the overheat horn ???----Totally normal with a bit of mist coming out those 2 ports under lower cowling at idle.-----Just install a new impeller every 5 years and don't worry about a tell tale.------If you were tubing behind this motor you might see water pouring out of those 2 holes.-----I have seen lots of motors overheated even though they had a tell tale !!!!

Have you tested the overheat horn ???----Totally normal with a bit of mist coming out those 2 ports under lower cowling at idle.-----Just install a new impeller every 5 years and don't worry about a tell tale.------If you were tubing behind this motor you might see water pouring out of those 2 holes.-----I have seen lots of motors overheated even though they had a tell tale !!!!

I’ll have to check I’m assuming I’ll have to just use a volt tester to test it. I don’t see any button on controls to test it or anything

The motor has survived 50 years with I assume " well informed " owners.-----Find the tan wire at the cylinder head.-----Slide the rubber sleeve away from the knife connecter.-----Turn key to on.----Touch the bare connecter to ground.-----Horn should sound.-------Note ---Tell tales on most motors just indicate that water pump is working.----They do not indicate that motor is cooling properly !!!

Yes I had my motor overheating this spring. New impeller fixed the problem. There was lots of water at tell tale. Impeller was still intact but the fins were getting flimsy

Back