Logo

72 evinrude 65hp 65273s no spark

thufford

was on lake today, boat started and ran fine, started it several time to adjust drift & position. started fine every time.
drifted for a while and went to start it and it just cranked - no start not even a little.
noticed the primer ball was poffed up , opened the release on the gas tank and it released pressure ( lots).

tried to start motor, nothing, got home, let it set for an hour or so thought i might have flodded it.
checked gas lines and stuff to be sure it wasn't that, did replace the primer ball.
made sure i was getting gas at the fuel filter and it was.
checked spark, nothing. no spark on any cylindar?
HELP no idea where to or how to go from hear. good electrical and mechanical knowledge but little outboard related nowhow.

Thanks for any help
Tim

was wondering if anybody knew which repair / service manual would be best for this motor. seen several Selco manuals but seen note saying they didn't include 72 65hp 65273S they said i needed vol 4 but i couldn't find any listing for a volume 4 just 1 thru 3?

thanks for any help
Tim

Reprints of factory service manual from Ken Cook co.

First check is disconnect the kill wire at the power pack (black w/ yellow stripe)

Actually, the factory service manual does a good job at explaining how the system works, but it tells you to use an obsolete neon tester to troubleshoot.

Back