Logo

70A2 Imepeller OEM 353-65021-0

jermbos

Hey everybody, I noticed there are alot of people looking for this impeller since it is no longer available. Some are reproducing them and I mean no disrespect to Scott (kat69) I've had a few conversations with him already and he is doing fantastic work.
I already purchased a waterpump kit from this fellow hondalaman2000 on ebay and he has a few more impellers and other nissan tohatsu parts:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tohatsu-Nis..._Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item415f0f1204

check it out, search his listings and you will find that he has alot of OEM tohatsu stuff clearing out.

Hi Jermbos.
Hows things. No disrespect taken. No problems at all. Nice to see you are helping other Tohatsu owners with parts. I think we have to work together to keep these engines going so good on you. I'm picking up my lower pump half from the engineers today so I can start on that again. It should not be too much longer before I have the whole pump assembly made and I'm looking forward to dropping it into my outboard and doing some tests. That will include everything from the pump case down to the lower part of the pump that houses the double sided seal.
Good work and happy boating.
All the best,
Scott (kat69)

Hey just want to let others know that I too have a 50c tohatsu and needed impeller for it. Bought two from Australia and the epoxy let loose from rubber ans insert. Went to west marine and bought a Jabsco profile k impeller. Part number 4568-0001-P imPeller and had board out 30 thousands and it's working perfectly. Lot less $$. Person in Australia said they were going to send me new ones when they made more but never heard from them again.

Thanks for the info Olbert35, I googled that part number and saw that it is a 12blade impeller. But the impeller for the Nissan/Tohatsu is a 6 blade. Did you notice anything different in the way it pumps water?

Hello Oldbert.
I was under the impression that everyone was watching my work on this forum.
http://www.marineengine.com/boat-fo...impeller-for-1990-70-hp-engine&highlight=70a2
I have been updating photo's and keeping everyone up to date with my progress so far. I have already started sending out replacement impellers and yours is on the list, but someone mentioned that brass would be a better option as a core so I have been holding out for that to be delivered. I have 10 units with Delrin cores waiting here and I can't pull the rubber off the core no matter how hard I try, so if you want them I can send them straight away, but I thought you might be happier with the brass cored units.
If you have worked out alternative arrangements for an impeller, I am happy to send your money back.

And Oldbert. Can you remember this email. It was sent after you got back to me about one of your impellers failing, but the other was working fine. I really don't like to post things like this on the forum, but you have said that I did not get back to you after the sale and I'm afraid that was a lie and it just not a nice thing to say. There were other emails, but I don't think I need to post them all. I'm trying my best to communicate with everyone about my R&D so far and some people are falling through the cracks. To those people, I am sincerely sorry. I am trying to keep everyones contact details on my private messages board so I can get back to them but I have limited space and I do delete message to make space, but I always give them my private email address first so they can contact me outside of this website. If anyone knows of a way to save these messages on the private message board so I can free up some room, please let me know.

Messgae from Oldbert after informing me that one of the cores delaminated from the impeller blades.

Scott please let me know when you finish with the new impellers because I
definitely need to have two spares.

Thanks for getting back to me so
quickly.
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2011, at 9:12 AM, "Scott"
<[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hello Oldbert.
>I do reply to all of my
emails so I'm sorry if you feel that you have sent something and not had a
reply. Were you emailing to this address or on the boat forum? Sometimes, if the
boat forum email gets too full, it stops sending until I clear them. Apart from
that I can not imagine why I am not receiving them.
I have made an order to get some cores made using Delrin as I have managed to crack one of mine under
testing. It was only one but that is nowhere near where I want to be. As for the
urethane that I am using in the fins, I went to my supplier and explained to him
what happened to your impeller. I told him that I was using a product called CCM
and he said the initial for M stands for Medium and that there is a commercial
grade available. I wish he told me that earlier. I have ordered some but it will
not get to me for 5 days. Once I have the product, I will replace every impeller
I have sold free of charge. I hope this email finds you well and I am
very sorry that you feel that you have been neglected. I certainly would not
want you to think that I would just take the money and run. I wish to build this
project into a reputable business and I would hate to think that people though I
was in any way shonkey. I am just trying to do the right thing by my
customers.
The previous email that was from Sharon was actually from me
via my wife's computer.
>
> Best regards,
> Scott.

I have just viewed another thread from Oldbert stating that I have not replied to him after one of his impellers failed. I have posted this message to him. I don't know what I can do to help this fellow?
I am over here working through Christmas in a shed in 100° heat sweating like a pig to get these things to work, and I see his messages like his plastered on these pages.

"Hey I bought two impellers from Australia and they both came apart. The builders said they used wrong glue or something to that effect. Builders said they were going to redo impellers and send new ones. Did not hear from them again. What I did was go to west marine and bought a jabscoi impeller had it board out 30,000 and it works perfectly."

I sent him this message.

"Hello Oldbert.

As I have mentioned, I have talked to you after the impeller failed. You told me only one had failed, not both and that you were not in a rush for a replacement so I was going to send you the brass cored units that I have been making and showing on this site.
http://www.marineengine.com/boat-for...hatsu+impeller

I have also given you the option of a refund, some new units with Delrin cores that I have in stock or if you want to wait for the brass units, that's fine. Please let me know what you would like to do rather than drag my name through the mud.
You keep saying you did not hear from me again but we talked a number of times via email. I still have all of the emails if you would like me to send them to you.
I will copy this message to the other thread you keep saying the same things on. Please reply as even though you seem to be trying to white ant me, I am still willing to help you with what ever you want to do.
I can't be fairer than that.

Best regards to everyone over the Christmas season.
Scott."

I know that when somebody throws mud at a wall, some of it sticks. I can't think of anything else I can do to help Oldbert?
Any ideas? Help!

Scott.

Back